December 22, 2014
If you’re looking for the perfect, inexpensive dry shampoo that’s also chemical-free, you might not need to look any further than your kitchen! ”Your cupboards hold everything you need to make your own dry shampoo,” reveals Mercedes Parrilli, international artist for George The Salon Chicago. ”Grab cornstarch, which is more natural compared to baby powder and baking soda, and it is oil absorbing.”
Dry Shampoo Solution: Cornstarch + Cocoa Powder
If you have darker hair, mix unsweetened cocoa powder with cornstarch.
Dry Shampoo Solution: Mix Cornstarch + Cinnamon
If you’re a redhead, use cinnamon with cornstarch equal parts.
Dry Shampoo Solution: Mix Cornstarch + Essential Oil
If you have light colored hair, mix cornstarch with an essential oil of your choice for fragrance.
Once mixed, apply with a large cosmetic brush or put into a salt shaker and apply to roots. After application, rub in really well to absorb oil and style accordingly. Not only is dry shampoo made at home fast acting and ultra-affordable, it will also leave you’re hair looking, feeling and smelling amazing! What could be better?
IT LOOKS, IT GIRLS!
December 21, 2014
This new year try a new color and cut like shown here and modeled by Jerry Hall, Loan Chabanol and Helena Bordon!
L’Oreal Professionel’s new collection speaks to what we’ll see more of in 2015! Are you ready? We love!
GOING, GOING, GONE!
December 20, 2014
This is the last weekend to pickup our big Holiday Makeover issue on sale at newsstands everywhere!
Don’t miss out on our hundreds of fab ideas for the big holiday season celebrations, free beauty products, how-to info, the latst on your favorite stylista stars and more! Thank you soooo much!
PRETTY LUCY HALE!
December 19, 2014
ABC-TV celebrated Christmas with stars from ABC Family at the ice skating rink at New York City’s Rockefeller Center. Pretty Little Liars’ Lucy Hale was gorgeous in her winter wonderland look. Hair? Extra special with a cool red Santa hat!
December 18, 2014
The People Magazine Awards show is happening tonight! Check out the star-studded event and snapshot of the year in pop culture, airing live on NBC. Celebrities scheduled to appear include Jennifer Aniston, Kate Upton, Gwen Stefani, Kate Hudson, Mindy Kaling, Jennifer Lopez and Chloë Grace Moretz. And more!
Tune in. Should be an interesting beauty event!
Haute Holiday Hair!
December 17, 2014
Whether you’re attending a glam-worthy party or grabbing drinks with the girls, rock an unforgettable style this holiday season! Cue: The low ponytail. Not only is this style fashion-forward and feminine, it’s perfect for any occasion. For designer Sherri Hill’s Spring/Summer 2015 runway show, hair pro Tammy Mixon for the CHI Miss Universe Style Illuminate product line, crafted a gorgeous low ponytail with fab volume that’s truly unforgettable. Here, SHG gives you the style deets!
- Begin the look at the top creating a side diagonal part.
- Starting at the top crow, take one-inch sections and spray with CHI Miss Universe Style Illuminate Flexible Hair Spray. With a 1 and 1/4-inch iron, curl the section on base leaving the ends free about two inches. Hold for a few seconds, then clip.
- Continue curling the back and sides in the same manner being sure to spray each section with hair spray.
- At the top, section the hair following the same diagonal part and continue to curl the hair as above. After the hair has cooled, remove pins and brush.
- Next with your fingers lift multiple sections throughout the head spraying each one with dry shampoo. As you are spraying each section, shake it lightly to dry to create a light airy look.
- At the back of the head, part-off a triangle section from the crown to the nape. Back brush this section loosely and allow the hair to fall naturally.
- Leaving this triangle section free, begin to gently back brush the top and sides for volume smoothing the surface with your fingers allowing any shorter sections to cascade around the face naturally.
- With your fingers, begin to comb the hair back including the sides and create a low ponytail. The key to this style is keeping the triangle section out of the ponytail. Leaving this free adds length and fullness to the pony. While styling, also make sure to keep the volume, texture and fullness. Secure with a rubber band.
- To hide the elastic tie, take a small section from underneath and wrap around to cover. Spray with firm hairspray.
- To finish, back-brush the triangle section from underneath and also back brush the ponytail blending the two together for fullness. Arrange pieces and spray with firm hairspray. In addition to using a brushing motion to add more texture to the ponytail, use your fingers to piece and pull small sections.
December 16, 2014
Spice up your mani this holiday season with an out-of-this-world nail design that’s sure to be the talk of any soirée! The half-moon mani, which is funky and fresh, but still glam, has been seen on Hollywood’s hottest celebs and on the runways. OPI’s lead nail artist Miss Pop created a gorgeous nail look showcasing pastel hues and negative space for the nail brand’s Spring/Summer 2015 presentation.
For the nail look, each model sported one hand with the pinky, middle and pointer fingers featured a painted nail with a natural half moon, and the ring and thumb fingers featuring a natural nail with a painted half moon. On the other hand, the look was reversed. This season, don’t be afraid to play around with different nail designs and polish colors. Try this fab mani out and make it even more festive by using a deep burgundy hue with a hint of sparkle!