March 4, 2015
Kirstie Alley has been seen around town with a svelter silhouette, thanks to Jenny Craig. “I wanted to get back to my best self,” says the actress. And while we totally admire Kirstie’s new figure, we’re really in love with another set of curves—her hair! We’re admiring the mix of blonde and brunette, and, oh the volume! This is going to be on our style board for hair to achieve in 2015…
How To: Chain Braid!
March 3, 2015
From chunky rope braids to intricate fishtails, it seems everyone is reinventing the traditional, three-strand plait. And we’ve got the scoop on the next big trend: the chain braid. Perfect for the office or a night out, this woven style is super simple, but super chic! Mario Russo, of Boston’s Salon Mario Russo, shows us how to create this cool coif.
1. Beginning with day-old hair, curl hair using a 1-1/2 inch curling iron, to add fullness to the braid. For even more volume, lightly tease tresses at the crown after curling.
2. Part hair like you would for a half upsweep, pulling the top half up and back at the crown. Divide the top section in two, and tie the two pieces in a knot.
3. Continue knotting sections, adding hair into the knots like you would for a French braid. Keep knotting until you get to the end of the strand, and secure with an elastic.
4. Gently tug at the knots, loosening them to create a soft, textured look.
5. Spritz strands with a light working spray, such as Bumble & Bumble’s Does It All Styling Spray, to hold the braid in place, while maintaining an effortless finish.
March 2, 2015
Supermodel Behati Prinsloo is the cover girl for Victoria’s Secret’s 2015 Swimsuit catalog! Standing at the edge of the water, it’s only appropriate her long tresses flow in beachy waves. And although you can’t quite make out the model’s mane color—trust us, it’s gorgeous! Looking to make your own tress hue equally spectacular? Then you must check out our quiz on what ombre haircolor style is best for you in our April edition of Sophisticate’s Hairstyle Guide. Trust us—it’s a must-read!
GOOD WIFE GETS WIGGY!
March 1, 2015
Tonight is a brand-new episode (finally!) of one of our favorite Sunday night television shows! Yes, The Good Wife (CBS-TV) kicks off the new season in the fast lane from what we hear! One big reveal this week was when show star Julianna Margulies appeared on The David Letterman Show and revealed the wig she wears for her Alicia Florrick character on the show is a pricey $10,000. We’re definitely checking out those close-ups tonight!
20 DAYS UNTIL SPRING HAIRSTYLES!
February 28, 2015
Yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel. In just 20 days spring will start and we’ll all want to be rocking an amazing look, right? Now is the time to pick up our April issue (featuring Rita Ora on the cover) and check out our hundreds of style ideas, cuts and colors, celebrity stories, the best new products and over $10,000 in free product giveaways. If you have a hard time locating the issue, check out wheresmymagazine.com and find the retail outlet closest to your home that carries us. Now it’s time to get your spring #hairstyling on! Yes!
Miley’s Cool Hair Style
February 27, 2015
Miley Cyrus is having an excellent grow-out! From super-short shaved sides to a cute pixie snip, the singer has been stepping up her style game. Wella Professionals Celebrity Ambassador Andy LeCompte recently styled Miley for a red-carpet event, giving the star a sleek finish. The mane pro shares how you can create a similar style vibe…
1. Prime damp hair by applying 2-3 pumps of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir to the palms of your hands and distributing evenly throughout hair. Create a deep side part then blow dry hair flat to the head.
2. Add 4-5 pumps of Wella Professionals Pearl Styler Styling Gel to the palms of your hands and distribute evenly throughout the hair then slick hair down using a fine tooth comb.
3. Gently smooth on a shine-enhancing product over the top of locks for extra sheen power, then finish with a light hairspray to prevent flyaways.
Glass Slipper? Stroke of Midnight? Cinderella Is Here!
February 26, 2015
Timeless and courageous, one of the most famous Disney princesses has inspired a limited-edition color collection from MAC Cosmetics, available online starting today, and at stores from March 5 through April 16. The MAC Cinderella collection contains such items as the Royal Ball Lipstick, Happily Ever After and Glass Slipper Lipglass, Stroke of Midnight and Phloof! Eyeshadow, Evil Stepmother Pigment and Mystery Princess Beauty Powder, among other pretty things. It’s a fairytale come true!