Ponytails are cute–but sometimes we need a little extra oomph. Enter the French Twist Ponytail, created by Orlando Pita, Hairstylist for TRESemmé, for the Hervé Léger runway show. “We wanted there to be a toughness to the hair but in a way that still felt quite natural and easy for a girl to wear away from the runway. We’ve played with a simple update on the classic low pony that leaves her with a sexy twist down to the nape of her neck. This is the look for when you need your exit from the party to make a bold statement!” says Pita. Here are the styling steps…
- Step 1: Work TRESemmé Runway Collection Get Sleek Blow Dry Balm from root to tip and dry hair straight with a soft bristle brush.
- Step 2: Apply TRESemmé Extra Firm Control Gel from the roots to mid lengths and using a comb, create a deep side part to the crown of your head and then a straight part down the back of the hair.
- Step 3: Starting an inch away from the hairline, comb one side of the hair back and then fold into a French twist down the back of the head and secure with bobby pins underneath. Repeat on the second side.
- Step 4: Use hair pins to join both French twists together down the back on your head.
- Step 5: Pull the lengths of your hair back into a low pony and finish the look with a firm-hold hairspray. Tame flyaways with a spritz of hairspray on a natural bristle toothbrush.