Jenny Balding, NYC Cutler/Redken Stylist, shares her favorite style to take you from work to play. The best part? You can create this disheveled French twist in under 10 minutes!
Disheveled French Twist
- Start with day old hair as you’ll have some texture in your hair and it will be easier to manage.
- Use dry shampoo to really boost the texture of your roots (Redken Pillow Proof dry shampoo is excellent). Spray throughout your roots and even the mid-lengths to create body and texture. Shake through with your fingers.
- Use a light hairspray for a little hold. Mist over all and shake up with your hands to really create body and movement.
- Section out the crown and front area and pin to one side.
- Sweep the sides and back together and then twist upwards and pin. Make sure to use hairpins (U shaped pins) so they can really anchor the hair.
- Take your top section and roll under and pin at the crown for a little height in this area.
- Loosen the hairline a little with your fingers to suit your face shape, then add a hair accessory of your choice.
- To finish, add a little shine by misting Redken Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist all over – this is very light but gives just the right amount shine you need.