Hair by Tammy Campbell, KY
Icy, cool, platinum, frozen like Elsa even–whatever words you use to describe this perfect shade of ultimate blonde, all we really have to say is “Yes, please.”
ON NEWSSTANDS NOW! Click for a sneak peek
Our February Cover Girl Miley Cyrus shows off her wild fashion moves.
Your favorite styled stars show you how to work your mane in our Celebrity Glamour Hair Guide!
Cuts, colors and styles to take your hair game up a notch.
Your celeb hair inspiration is here!
Don’t miss our Big Beauty Giveaway with over $10,000 worth of fabulous hair and makeup products!
Find out what’s hot in beauty this season!
A special Parisian beauty photo shoot!
Equipped with a sweet demeanor and star potential, actress Sophie Reynolds is the one to watch. She has an impressive list of projects under her belt, including her spook-tacular TV movie Mostly Ghostly 3: One Night in Doom House, here just in time for Halloween. This role sees her as the girlfriend and dancer “Cammie.” The California-native is also reprising her role as “Ashley” in season two of the Disney XD series Gamer’s Guide To Pretty Much Everything. The starlet has already proven just how versatile her acting chops are, so we had to find out more about her beauty secrets! Click to read our exclusive interview with the budding starlet on her go-to haircare routine and exactly how she gets those amazing curly waves.
This is the last weekend to pick up our big 38th anniversary issue! Did you get yours? If not, we don’t want you to miss out…on all the styles, haircolor moves, celebrity looks, giveaways, home-styling info, product news and more! Thank you so much for your support, and we’ll see you with our new issue!
Got your costume all picked out for the Halloween festivities this weekend? Neither do we! Luckily, the style pros at Matrix are offering up two cute costume ideas, plus the how-tos for the perfect hair to accompany them. Trick or treat? Treat–definitely treat!
Margot Robbie stunned as Marvel Comic’s Harley Quinn in the recent movie by the same name–and her hair is too cute with those high-pitched ponytails tinged with color.
Get Her Look:
Ellie Kemper plays The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt of the Netflix hit series. Her look is cute, vibrant and fun, and her hair matches that unbreakable vibe.
Get Her Look:
The Salon By InStyle at JCPenney has named award-winning stylists and seasoned salon business experts and Michelle O’Connor as Creative Directors for its more than 800 salons. In their roles, Onur-Taylor and O’Connor will create the salon’s season trends and translate their concepts into styles and techniques for the company’s more than 13,500 hairstyling associates.
Both Onur-Taylor and O’Connor are North American Hairstyling Award winners. Onur-Taylor was a finalist in 2013 in the Texture category and in 2016 in the Avant Garde and Texture categories. In 2014 she won the NAHA award for Texture, and in 2016, she took home the NAHA award in the Contemporary Classic category. O’Connor won the North American Hairstyling Award for Texture in 2016.
“We both look forward to building upon the impressive accomplishments of the Salon By InStyle at JCPenney, and taking our team in innovative new directions,” say Onur-Taylor and O’Connor. “We’re completely in sync in our beliefs that education, excellence and a superb customer experience are at the core of success for any salon, and we’re looking forward to sharing our vision with our team, and with Salon By InStyle clients.”
Nail artist Miss Pop for China Glaze created nails designs that perfectly captured the spirit of the Betty and Veronica by Rachel Antonoff collaboration between the designer and Archie Comics. “Rachel Antonoff’s collaboration with classic comic book characters Betty and Veronica is full of playful, graphic prints. We wanted to bring those flirty exclamations and fluttering hearts to the nails,” said Miss Pop.
GET THE LOOKS!
1. Paint two coats of China Glaze White On White.
2. Using a striper brush dipped in China Glaze Hot Flash, make short strokes to create a sketchy heart shape. The wonkier the better. Paint a couple red hearts per nail.
3. Repeat Step 2 with China Glaze Something Sweet.
4. Seal your hearts with China Glaze Gotta Go Top Coat.
5. Be patient and let your nails completely dry. Then, using a fine point sharpie permanent marker, outline the hearts.
Full Heart Reverse French
1. Paint two coats of China Glaze White on White.
2. Pick the perfect China Glaze pastel shades Sweet Hook, Pink or Swim, Re-Fresh Mint or Don’t Be Shallow.
3. Using the brush in the bottle, get a good bead of polish on the tip. Drop it down about 1/4 of the way up the nail from the cuticle, and to the left.
4. Repeat Step 3 to the right of the nail to reveal the heart.
5. Allow a few minutes for your polish to set, then seal with China Glaze Gotta Go Top Coat.
Comic Chit Chat
1. Paint nails a mix of China Glaze White on White and Pink or Swim. Mix it up–just be sure to paint two coats and allow a few minutes for your coats to dry.
2. On the pink nails, use a striping brush dipped in China Glaze Liquid Leather to create a rectangle up the center of the nail from the cuticle. It should end about 2/3 of the way up the nail. For extra comic flair paint a diagonal line on each side of the rectangle to make it look like a triangle without a point.
3. Pour a little black polish out on a palette or piece of tinfoil. Dip a big ball dotter into the polish and dab it on the nail close to the rectangle to create an exclamation mark.
4. On the white nails, use the bottle brush in Liquid Leather and swipe in an arc to the left and then back to the right. This should create a large white half moon at the bottom of the nail. Fill in the rest of the nail with black polish; don’t worry about perfecting the shape.
5. Using China Glaze Stripe Rite in Best in Snow, add a little angled triangle to form the speech bubble.
6. If needed, touch up your speech bubble with a striping brush dipped in Liquid Leather.
7. Allow a few minutes for your polish to set. Then, seal your look with China Glaze Gotta Go Top Coat.