Miley’s Short Smoothie
Miley Cyrus is having an excellent grow-out! From super-short shaved sides to a cute pixie snip, the singer has been stepping up her style game. Wella Professionals Celebrity Ambassador Andy LeCompte recently styled Miley for a red-carpet event, giving the star a sleek finish. The mane pro shares how you can create a similar style vibe…
1. Prime damp hair by applying 2-3 pumps of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir to the palms of your hands and distributing evenly throughout hair. Create a deep side part then blow dry hair flat to the head.
2. Add 4-5 pumps of Wella Professionals Pearl Styler Styling Gel to the palms of your hands and distribute evenly throughout the hair then slick hair down using a fine tooth comb.
3. Gently smooth on a shine-enhancing product over the top of locks for extra sheen power, then finish with a light hairspray to prevent flyaways.
Chrissy’s Glam Waves
While other stars were slicking back their hair in chic chignons or free-flowing ponytails, Chrissy Teigen was in full-wave glory with her lengths locks flowing freely. The golden cascading waves were created by Macadamia Professional International Creative Director and Celebrity Stylist Giannandrea, who shares how you can get the look at home…
1. Apply a volumizing product to damp hair and blow-dry large sections with a round brush to amplify volume.
2. Create a deep side part and wrap small sections around a 1-inch curling iron.
3. Brush hair downward to slightly relax the waves, spraying each section with Macadamia Control Working Spray.
4. Using hands, run a quarter-sized amount of Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Treatment through the length of the hair to increase shine.
5. Brush the hair again and mist the Control Working Spray once more to set your hair.
Chloe’s Sleek Style
Smooth and shiny was the name of the mane style game for Chloe Grace Moretz at the Oscars on Sunday. The look was created by style pro Gregory Russell, who shares the step-by-step…
- Chloe first prepped her hair by cleansing with Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Medium hair.
- On her damp hair I applied Style Link Volume Builder Mousse to the crown area, and Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner Leave-In Treatment Anti Frizz Lotion for Medium Hair to mid-strand through the ends.
- I blow-dried her hair with a medium ceramic brush for body and smoothness.
- Next, I tucked her hair behind her ears for face framing shape and used a 1.25″ iron to add subtle movement to the ends. I sprayed the ends with Matrix Style Link Texture Builder for a romantic undone texture.
- For definition, I used Biolage Agave Nectar Control Gel through the ends and around the face. I then applied Style Link Height Riser powder to the crown for more volume and texture.
- I finished by untucking the hair from behind her right ear, leaving the left tucked to show off her insane earcuff. I set the finished style with Matrix Style Link Volume Builder Hairspray for hold!
Gwen’s Pomp Updo
Gwen Stefani rocked the red carpet at the Grammy’s with her contemporary twist look, styled by her go-to mane man, Pantene Global Ambassador and Celebrity Stylist, Danilo. Below he shares how to re-create this rocker-chic look, which was inspired by Gwen’s fierceness, her incredible outfit and the spirit of the award show!
1. Prep hair with a leave-in conditioner and divide into four sections (sides and top).
2. Lightly mist hair with a volumizer like the Pantene Pro-V Full & Strong PowerFULL Booster Spray, then blow-dry each section.
3. Curl hair with a medium iron and pin curls to head to set; allow to cool. Release pins and brush hair smooth.
4. Apply a leave in crème like the Pantene Pro-V Stylers All-In-One Styling Balm through the length of the hair for added texture
5. Brush the hair back to give fullness around the face, keeping the top of the hair loose.
6. Gather brushed sections together and twist and fold hair into a loose bun, keeping the sides tighter; pin in place. Mist on shine spray.
Madonna’s Cool Curls
Madonna fired up the stage last night at the Grammy’s, singing her new single “Living For Love.” The star wore her hair in gorgeous waves, reminiscent of the golden age of Hollywood. Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Ambassador Andy Lecompte did Madonna’s hair for the big production. Here’s the step-by-step…
1. After washing and conditioning hair, gently towel dry, and apply a few drops of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir for a smooth look.
2. With a comb, create a deep left part and blow-dry hair.
3. Wrap the front of the hair into small pin curls and secure flat to the head using bobby pins.
4. After letting set for several minutes, release pin curls into Veronica Lake-type waves.
5. Gently brush through curls for a smooth, loose look, and finish with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray for hold.
Reese’s Perfect Pony
Spotted! A new hair trend on the red carpet at the Screen Actor’s Guild Awards this past weekend: the low ponytail. A few celebs were scene rocking this chic and easy style, including Reese Witherspoon. Here, celebrity hairstylist Adir Abergel shares the step-by-step for how he created the glam low pony, and how you can, too…
- Create a severe side part on towel-dried hair and and apply a frizz-fighter (Abergel used John Frieda Frizz Ease Beyond Smooth Frizz-Immunity Primer), followed by a volumizing mousse.
- Blow-dry hair with a round brush, then use a 1 ¼” curling iron to curl hair into bouncy, soft curls.
- With the help of John Frieda Frizz Ease Clearly Defined Holding Gel, pull hair back into a sleek, low side ponytail, securing with an elastic band. To hide the band, wrap a lock of hair from the ponytail around it and secure with a few hairpins.
- To finish the look, use a paddle brush to smooth out the ponytail and spritz with flexible hold hairspray.
Photos: Courtesy John Frieda.