The Crown actress Claire Foy looked positively royal–and very chic–for a recent awards show, thanks to a pretty chignon styled by Jillian Halouska. “Claire’s Valentino dress was very lovely and intricate,” shares Halouska. “I wanted to edge it up a little and give the hair an editorial, runway feel. Claire is always down to try new styles and I had been planning with her makeup artist and stylist for about a week. The final look was an effortless, young and chic chignon.” Here’s how to steal her style…
1. On damp hair, apply Matrix Style Link Blowout Skinny Queen, create a center part and blow dry.
2. Part out front pieces on each side before the ear. Using the blow dryer and a round brush, twist each piece back.
3. Using Matrix Style Link Over Achiever, muss up the rest of the hair to create texture and dimension. Pull into a low pony tail leaving the front two pieces out.
4. Separate pony into three pieces and coil them around each other. Sculpt the pieces into a chignon to your liking, pinning as you go.
5. Half-tuck the front behind the ears and loosely pin a few pieces into the chignon. Lightly mist Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Replenish Oil-Mist all over for a nice, healthy sheen.
Photos: courtesy Matrix.