Felicity Jones looked gorgeous on Oscars red carpet with her floaty dress and pretty partial upsweep, designed by hairdresser Cervando Maldonado. The mane pro shares how he created this look, step by step…
1. I began with damp hair and applied Matrix Style Link Volume Builder and Matrix Style Link Mineral Airy Builder Dry Texture Foam to Felicity’s roots, then ran it through the ends of her hair to build volume and texture. I brushed it through with the T3 Paddle Brush. Expert tip: Cocktailing both the mousse and foam creates a varied texture.
2. Before I began blow drying, I lightly sprayed Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Replenish Oil Mist through the ends to create a beautiful shine. After rough-drying the hair, I clipped it and, starting in the back, blow-dried it section by section using a 2.5” barrel brush.
3. After the hair was completely round-brushed and dried, I used T3 Volumizing Hot Rollers Luxe. Leaving the bangs out, I set the hair with four hot rollers: one on each side, the top of the head and one in the back.
4. I pulled the rollers out when cooled, and lightly sprayed Matrix Style Link Texture Builder Finishing Spray through the roots and ends of the hair. I then brushed the hair through with a vent brush.
5. I pulled her hair into a half-up, half-down look by taking the sides of the hair and pulling them up behind the head, securing with a couple of bobby pins.
6. Once done with pinning the hair, I finished everything off with one last spray of volume hairspray.