You better work—at least if you’re wearing this super high-fashion ponytail! Celebrity stylist and International Creative Director for Macadamia Professional Giannandrea created a show-stopping high pony, the “horsetail,” for Nicholas K’s Spring/Summer 2017 New York Fashion Week show. Want to know how? Here’s your cheat sheet…
- Start with wet hair and apply Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion throughout the lengths to smooth and protect hair from heat styling. Blow-dry large sections straight with a large round brush.
- Brush all the hair upward to the top center of the crown. All the sides and back of the hair must direct very tightly to the top center. Pull hair into a ponytail and secure with a strong hair elastic.
- Spray Macadamia Professional Tousled Texture Finishing Spray through length of the ponytail to create body and definition.
- Take a medium-sized section from the back bottom of the ponytail. Wrap the section around the base of the elastic and spray a holding hairspray to help the hair stay in place. Create a tall, 3-inch thick band that covers the elastic. Use straight pins all around while wrapping and smoothing it in place.
- Lightly spray the top of the head with hairspray and gently run hands over the hair to smooth flyaways.
- Brush the ponytail and spray dry oil mist to achieve the ultimate finish and shine for a glamourous look.