It’s hard to believe it’s been almost a week since Lady Gaga rocked the Super Bowl halftime show! We’re still buzzing about it…and her fabulous mane looks! Lucky for us, the mane man responsible for both her upsweep and her flowing length, Frederic Aspiras, was happy to share with us how you can steal the star’s gorgeous looks. “For her performance, we had to ensure her flowing hair tendrils stayed flowing and in place,” he shared, adding that layering hair products is key to a look that lasts.
Here’s the step-by-step…
1. On towel-dried hair, apply Matrix Style Link Mineral Airy Builder Dry Texture Foam from root to tips.
2. Section hair and blow-dry using a large, boar-bristle brush. Blow-dry the sides of hair away from the face, the back sections downward flipping out the ends, and the top of head forward then rounding it up. To help protect hair against heat, use a heat protectant like Matrix Style Link Heat Buffer.
3. Curl the top and sides of the head using a medium barrel curling iron. Curl the back of the head using a large-barrel curling iron. Pin the curls with clips as you go, allowing the curls to cool for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove clips and gently brush through hair with a large paddle brush. Spray on Matrix Style Link Texture Builder Messy Finish Spray and piece out curls.
5. For the upsweep, wrap hair up into a French twist knot, leaving the ends out; secure with pins.
6. Whether down or up, finish the look with Matrix Style Link Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray.