Rihanna looked amazing at the Grammy Awards this past Sunday night, and we loved her volume-filled mane with pretty swirls of curls–the perfect look for a Valentine date night. The star’s stylist Yusef, who created the look for RiRi, shares, “This was one of the unusual moments when Rihanna wasn’t performing at an award show, so we wanted to be a little laid-back with her look. We wanted it to be super playful, carefree and youthful. Once she picked her dress, we decided to go for long, flowing, big waves–voluminous, just like her ball gown. We decided to color her hair that day, just a bit, to play off the orange of the ball gown.”
While you don’t have to do the orange bit, we did think you might want to copy the curl bit. Here’s Yusef’s tips for how can copy Rihanna’s tress look…
1. Apply Matrix Style Link Volume Builder Mousse to damp hair. Blow-dry using a diffuser attachment to maintain natural texture.
2. Once hair is dry, use a curling wand to enhance and perfect waves.
3. Flat-iron roots down to the top of the ear to nix flyaways and to create a bit of contrast.
4. Tousle curls with Matrix Style Link Airy Builder Dry Texturizing Foam for separation and texture.
5. Complete the look with Matrix Style Link Volume Fixer Hairspray for hold with movement.